Monday, February 23, 2009

One Step Closer

Today I learned from an official from my city that I can indeed operate a mail-order business from my home. I also learned the regulations pertaining to a home based business and they will cause no hindrance to my shipping cheese and tea from my house to customers near and far.

Whew!

Turns out that dullard I spoke to last week didn't have his/her facts straight. I had a feeling...
Too bad said dullard is a city employee who they actually let answer the phone and talk to people.

Now all I have to do is get someone from the city to tell me what the health code regulations are so I can make sure I'm in compliance, get an inspection and get some insurance.

Then I can put up a Website, make some postcards for th' locals, and start making some money!

In the beginning I didn't think I wanted to sell tea and cheese from my house, but now I think it's a pretty good idea, especially if it'll:
1) keep me from having to work for someone else
2) get me closer to opening an actual storefront

No comments:

Post a Comment